Cornflakes Rocks


 Well, they were supposed to be Cornflakes Rock Cakes, but I kinda invented the recipe because I couldn't find the one I was looking for (i.e. memory is bad, don't remember recipe properly so hashed it out), and left them in the oven too long. They were still edible, and tasty, but very very hard.

They were super easy to make (my kind of cooking) and made a good weekend snack.

I used gluten free flour (Orgran Gluten Free Self-Raising Flour), but I don't think it makes much difference.

Ingredients:
1 cup butter
I cup sugar
2 tablespoons golden syrup or honey
1 1/2 cups flour
2 cups cornflakes, crushed
Nuts and dried fruit, to taste, chopped

Mix the butter and sugar together until soft, add syrup or honey and blend.
Stir in flour, then crushed cornflakes and mix well.
Add in chopped nuts and bits of dried fruit, per your own tastes. I made one batch with chopped almonds and currants, and another without. Both were good.
Rock Formation
If the mix is too dry, add a little more honey or syrup.
Take teaspoons of mix and form into balls.
Bake in medium oven 350F/180C for about 10 mins. They will continue to set after baking.

I baked mine for 20 minutes - WAAAAY too long.  If they don't look right, you can adjust your baking time to suit your oven.

Voila! Munchies time!

My problem is eating them straight out of the oven, and burning my mouth! :)

Comments

Popular Posts