Halloween Table Runner

Himself was away and called home. I had sent him a photo of a table runner that I'd been working on all summer and the top was finally completed. He asked me if I could create a Halloween* table runner before he got home. Seeing as he was scheduled to get home five days later, and a weekend was in the middle of that five days, I scoffed that it was no problem! 

* Yes, this post is a little late. So?

Off to the quilt shop to get some Halloween fabrics and ideas. I ended up piecing these cute pumpkins, backed with a Harry Potter style newsprint.

With thanks to Little Cottage Quilt Shop in Medina for the kit!

And surrounded by some spiderweb



Those eight pumpkins all looked a bit blah on their own, so I made an extra-large pumpkin for the middle. I didn't have enough fabric for the surround, so scavenged some purple Halloween figurines and some skulls fabric and put it all together. 

 
Much better!


This one was a quilt-by-checkbook and went off to be done. I took the advice of the lady on what colors to use, but I think I should have gone with orange. Orange would have popped against the black and allowed me to use the table runner on both sides. The purple is totally lost, even on the front! I had to edit the heck out of this photo to get the webs to show up for you!


Then I was totally stumped for the border. My beloved quilt instructor to the rescue! She had this marvelous lime green spider fabric and kindly donated some. 


All done!


Did I get it done before Himself came home?


Turned out to be a trick question. Sneaky rat had a surprise return planned and arrived the next day! So, no. 

But I did get it finished before my Halloween party!



Photobomb! :)

Comments

Popular Posts