100 Book Challenge... Ready... Go....


The idea of creating a 100 Book Challenge seemed like a really good one, at the time. However, I started thinking about it and realized I needed to establish some parameters.

For example: what constitutes a "book"? A magazine takes a while to read, if you read it through. Does non-fiction count? When does the "year" start?

A colleague is leaving on Saturday and I found out that Saturday is the 1st of October. Cool! That sorts out when the "year" starts. I'll post my first reviews on Monday 3rd, and I have until September 2012 to win my challenge.

Books are books, so I figure non-fiction counts as well as fiction. Some of them will take longer than the fiction books to read, so I reckon I should be allowed to count them, as reward for working through them all!

Magazines are not books, and at about 100 pages each to a book's average of 3-400, with at least a third of that comprising pictures and advertising, they just don't measure up.

So, watch for my first review on Monday, and the 100 Book Challenge is under way.

Ready...

Go!

Comments

Popular Posts