New Challenges

Along with our new home, new country and, therefore, new lifestyle, I've decided to add to my generally accepted levels of lunacy and take on some new challenges as well. Apart from those already discussed, such as learning to iron etc. that is.

No, no, these are FUN challenges. Mary Poppins was quite of the opinion that a little fun is part of the joys of housework. I haven't quite worked that out yet, but I'm giving myself some fun downtime challenges, for when the fun housework challenges are over. If you're looking confused, you should see my face!

Firstly, I'd like to read 100 books this year. At only 1 book every 3.65 days, that's not really such a challenge, is it?

Well, considering that Himself managed a whopping 2 books last year, and I think I did about 10, it's quite a jump! I used to read a book a day (2*..cough... years ago), but with the advent of technology, aka internet, and work, and Himself's habit of watching Mythbusters and Dirty Jobs despite it being its fifth iteration, I don't get to read that much any more. While I have the (short-lived) privilege of being unemployed, I shall try to rack up a few titles.

Next, I'm going to write reviews on the books I read, and on any low-review count Amazon pages for that book. This will have the triple benefit of raising my Amazon review scores, getting a blog post, and shutting up those annoying, nagging loveys who have been on my neck about getting back to writing. Of course, the fact that I'm writing about other people's books and not actually writing finishing my own book is not likely to quell the rumblings entirely, but it's a movement in the right direction.

According to Amazon, I've bought nearly 300 Kindle books, so I should have no difficulty achieving either goal. Well, maybe the 2nd will be a bit of a stretch. Most of the books I have are showing over 300 reviews already! ;)  Ooh ooh, wait, here's one with only 2 reviews...

...Rushes off to read the book...



Comments

  1. Love the 100 book goal. I had in mind to read 50 this year (which would have been a big jump for me), but I've had to prioritize several other things. Next year though, I'm going after that goal again.

    Wishing you all the best with yours :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey, got something to say? Hated it? Loved it? Different opinion? Tell me!

Popular Posts